Who among us has not followed through with something we REALLY wanted to do because we didn’t believe we could do it?
Why wouldn’t you believe in yourself? Look how good you are at believing in your friends, your spouse, your kids…..
When it comes to you, it’s different, isn’t it? Let’s say you have taken to pedaling your bike around the neighborhood after dinner, enjoying the outdoors and getting a bit of exercise. A friend tells you about someone completing a cross-country ride on their bicycle. You say, “I would LOVE to do that, but I’d never be able ride that far.” Here’s what’s racing through your mind-
- what if I fail
- what if I actually did it
- big things like that are for other people, not me
- people would think I’m crazy
- no one else believes I could do this either
“When you doubt your power, you give power to your doubt.”
Honore de Balzac
- keep company with people that support you
- visualize your success
- make a list of positive characteristics you have
- trust yourself
- keep trying, don’t give up